This project is read-only.

UnitTests suddenly unavailable

Jan 5, 2010 at 12:08 PM
Edited Jan 5, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I'm using the MVVM Toolkit and it happened now more than twice to me that when I launch VS9

on the solution file or start the project in VS9, a part of the project is claimed to be unavailable.

Could it be that someone, some cleanup mechanism busts out the folder in which the

UnitTests are located? That folder is c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Krischu\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Temporary Projects\MVVM-Krischu.Tests\MVVM-Krischu.Tests.csproj

How can I recreate the missing files without having to regenerate the project from ground up?

--

Christoph

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I cannot reproduce this issue.  Could it perhaps be that the project's file path has too many characters?  I've seen errors like that, where path has over 255 characters, which is considered invalid.  Try putting the solution at c:\ and see if it still happens.

Josh

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:35 PM

I built a new WPF Model-View Application (File->New->Project->C#->WPF Model-View Application). I'm aske dfor the name and whether

I want to build a UnitTest etc. I say yes and the project is created. At no point I can specify, where it should be put in.

When I then right-click on the solution explorer and click "Open Folder in Windows Explorer", I see that it is built in

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\myusername\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Temporary Projects\MVVM-myusername.Tests

The project itself is also placed there (Temporary Projects).

When I then save the project later, I can specify a path. The project itself gets copied there and disappears from

the ..\Temporary Projects folder. But the unittests directory stays sitting there and doesn't get copied.

So when I open the project next time from the MRU list in the startpage of VS9 I get this message that some parts (the unittests) have been moved and are not available.

So I wonder why the unittests are not getting copied when I save the project.

Strange..

--

Christoph

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I have no idea how that could happen.  Sorry...

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:27 AM
JoshSmithonWpf wrote:

I have no idea how that could happen.  Sorry...

No problem. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I initially had problems to get the WPF MVVM Toolkit installed in the C# project chooser at all, until I deinstalled

every installation of VS8,9 and 10 (the former being german versions).

I'll watch the effect alongside. For the moment I can help myself when creating a new project, that I move the unittests manually to the target directory and

tweak the references in the generated files. A bit ugly though, but I think one can live with it, once one has learnt to create an instance of a MVVM app.

--

Christoph