This project is read-only.

Is there a time-line for some kind of release ?

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Hi, Just wondering if there is a time-line for some kind of release and template availablility with this changes.
I want to use this framework and need a starting point...

Are you expecting major changes to current source code or further developement/improvement is along the same line!
Please let use know.

Thanks!

Nov 21, 2009 at 5:24 AM

I do not expect to be making any significant changes to MVVM Foundation any time soon.

Josh

Dec 14, 2009 at 3:24 PM
Edited Dec 14, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Hi, Josh

I am trying to bind the window closing event in my View, but as button has command property directly;  closing event does not.  How do I bind ( handle windowClosing ) event with this framework ?
I reviewed the number example, but they used buttons only , may be you can shed some light on other objects where there is no command available out of the box ?

Thanks!

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:34 PM

It sounds like you need Laurent's EventToCommand behavior.

Dec 14, 2009 at 5:59 PM
Edited Dec 14, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Thanks Josh,  but how does that fit with this framework ?

I am 10/15% in alrady with this framework!  Should I flip to MVVM light toolkit ?

does it have same MVVM "implementation" as yours ? or you are suggesting just stripping out the eventToCommand-related code and using it with your framework ?

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:02 PM

These frameworks are just "suggestions."  They're not mutually exclusive.

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Ok, cool I will give it a shot!

Thanks for all your contributions to the community!

Dec 22, 2009 at 6:34 PM
Edited Dec 23, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Hay Josh,

I tried that MVVM Light Toolkit, but it did not work for WPF on m machine. currently it is dead in water. It is so much silverlight oriented and wpf part didn't compile/work.

somehow I could not run it on my environment.

In this is case it is Alpha release (as specially EventToCommand feature)  so we expect issues!

so I don't have any option unless I install silverlight/blend which I don't have license for. 

I don't know if you can do much about this but just want to bring it to your attention that the WpfLightToolkit  did not work (for me) unfortunately !

May be you can point me to some other projects/links that has event to command for MVVM ? or should I forget about this and start coding code behind way ?

Thanks!

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:31 PM

@sendi_t34

Hi,

I am the developer of the MVVM Light Toolkit. I did receive an email from you one week ago regarding the sample in question. I am not sure what you did wrong, but the samples do work correctly.

I would like to remind you that both Josh and I are maintaining and developing our frameworks on our free time, and that both of us are very busy professionals with a lot of obligations. The fact that I was not able to reply to your email right away does not mean that the MVVM Light toolkit is not supported. In fact, I post samples regularly on my blog, and I do answer to a lot of emails regarding the toolkit's features (your email was just one of the many I get). If one or the other sample does not work properly (we are, after all human), it does not mean that the project is "dead in the water". It just means that we have to sort our priorities. In the moment, I am very busy with work, and in addition I write a programming book. I am sure that you will understand that sometimes it is a little overwhelming, and that a small delay in answering emails can happen.

I will investigate the error that you report, and check what is happening. In the mean time, I recommend that you install the latest version of my toolkit manually, as described here:

http://galasoft.ch/mvvm/installing/manually/

Then, simply create a new MVVM Light project for WPF, and you should be able to get EventToCommand to work in no time. 

I will get back to you for the sample issue.

Thanks,

Laurent

Dec 23, 2009 at 12:46 AM
Edited Dec 23, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Thanks for replying Laurent.

It worked, after I re-installed .Net 3.5 sp1. It must be something wrong that I did.

My apologies Laurent.

Thanks!

Dec 23, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Thanks for the note, happy to hear you solve the issue (and also happy to hear it was not in my code ;)

Cheers,

Laurent